FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Steve Schaffner or SSchaffner scammed me
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
JK-Reptiles
Steve Schaffner or SSchaffner scammed me

So I was hoping I wasnt going to have to post this, but unfortunately it looks like I have no choice. Steve Schaffner or Steve DeSc

I purchases a CBB Southern Scrub python from Steve DeSc off Fauna classifieds for $375 total shipped on August 5th. He told me snake was eating good, around 9 months old etc.

I tried getting him to setup shipping numerous times and there was always an excuse. He told me it was too hot, (which could be valid, but he said he had cryo packs), I shipped out to MD, where he is from and my snakes made it there fine, but it was too hot for him to ship. Seemed a little shady.

Anyways, the excuses kept coming and coming. Finally we agree to ship on Tuesday August 14th for Wednesday August 15th delivery. I message him on the 15th all day, zero response. Finally someone responds telling me Steve is with his case worker or some bullshit and that he will be home later in the evening.

Supposedly Steve gets home and starts messaging me that he is sorry, blah blah, he was locked up and all this bullshit that he will make it right. I say i understand man, just look at it from my point of view, it looks and feels just like a scam. He tells me gets paid Friday and will pay me then. I said OK cool. That works.

So Saturday rolls around, he tells me he hasn't been paid and that he cant give me a refund when he doesn't have the money. He shows me screenshots of his paypal account $6000 in the hole. The screenshots are all there, I am a pretty reasonable guy, shit comes up and I understand, I just ask to be kept in the loop,

I work hard for my money, like most people do. After his last text message too me I send him another stating to just send me the snake if he cant pay, ill sell her myself or something to get my money back, but I haven't heard from him as of yet.
Attached Images