FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
maxrr
Clay,

Thanks for the response. I disagree with your position though. As I stated in my first post, I understand he has a right to change his price. That isn't the issue. Maybe I have a higher expectation of customer service. It is just good business practice to honor an advertised price. I had already agreed to give him a deposit on the advertised price. To say, oh BTW, I want 50% more is not a way to treat a potential customer. If the price had already changed on his website and I complained that it was cheaper earlier in the year and wanted the previous price, then the situation would be entirely different. Think about if that happened in a retail store. It's as if I went to the cashier at a store and they said, "Sorry, but that item has now been marked up by 50%. We just haven't gotten around to changing the price tag." That wouldn't fly at a reputable retail business. This is more than about what a person can charge. It's more about the timing and treatment of your customers, potential or otherwise.

Another example: I go to a booth at a show and say I want that snake that you have marked for $200. The dealer then says, "Oh that one. Well I just saw someone sell the same snake for $300, so now that's what I want." Yah he can do that, but come on. That's just greedy and NOT good customer service. The proper thing to do would sell that snake for $200 and then remark the others for the higher price, if that's what he wants to do.

As far as the deposit on a possibly unavailable snake, well, sometimes you have to do that in order to reserve a rare snake to put yourself at the front of the line. He is unsure as to the availability, because one female has not laid yet...