FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - savanna moniter or nile moniter help me decide
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
midnite
Id just like to say that theres a 1 percent chance out of a hundred of tameing a nile moniter plus they need alot of attension and are quite a hand full to look after because my friend owns 2 nile moniter, 1 of which is 8 and a half feet long the other own 3 feet long.the nile moniter can grow up to 9 and a half feet long in total lenth.where as i own 2 bosc moniter and alot more reptiles. Bosc moniters are a good and friendly pets to care for. But if it is your first lizard i would not advise buying one because they also need alot of attension.most people would think that bosc moniters live in desert areas where as they are subtarian animals they like a think layer of dirt mixed with some bark, that must always be kept damp so they can burrow.They are pritty expensive to feed as well you should feed them locusts that are gut loaded buy fruit. Before feedin them cover the locusts in calcium powder.you can also feed the a pinky or mouse depending on the size of your bosc also coverd in calcium powder once or twice a week but keep your eye on the lizards wight because they will always eat wot is put infront of them,and there main source of food that should be feed to your bosc are african land snails which are rather exspensive to buy but they contain all the vitamins for your bosc to keep it healthy and that is were most people go wrong because there bosc is not gaining enough vitamins whilst growing so when they get to adult size they are very unhealthy and suffer from liver and kidney problems and tend to die.

If you have any questions about reptiles please dont hesatate to ask me

midnite (Lance)