FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - IBD disease / My ball and my boas
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
I recently had a rather lengthy conversation with the Dr of Pathology at Texas AM in College Station Tx and his opinion of the "air-borne IBD " theory basically suggest its doesn't hold water.I couldn't get him to clarify due to liability reasons, by his replies he skirted direct answers quite skillfully yet left enough to fill in a portion of the gray area.
Summary ...... He believes IBD doesn't transfer as current literature suggest via the "air-borne" theory.
I gotta say, hearing stuff like this stated, from a so called licensed professional, just scares the crap out of me. IMHO, the reason he has so many "gray areas" left in the open, is because he isn't positive. If he isn't positive, than such nonchalant statements should be kept to himself until he can be "positive" of what he's saying.
With statements like that floating around, there will inevitably be people who will take it as gospel, and take less measures to protect against the spread of this disease. That just ain't a good thing for the industry no matter how you look at it.

I respect you Tom, even some of your ideas, but stuff like that shouldn't even be shared, IMO, without substantial claims to back it up. Not publicly anyway. There is more evidence to suggest possible airborne transmission, than there is to refute it.

Peace.