FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Humane Society soled me out!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #6
Cat_72
It's sad, but it comes with the territory. Been there done that. I don't know what the heck they would be charging you with? Tresspass? Pftht. You did what needed to be done for the sake of the animal.....people don't see the pictures of what the animal actually looked like, and hear the BS side of the story, and get mad at you. Pictures can be leaked to the media too, they'd probably eat them up.

Calling a rescue wouldn't have done any better than the HS, I don't think....there are almost always legal/red tape issues unless the owner is willing to surrender. Usually a wait of a few days is required.

But yeah, the owner's story is BS, it takes a long time for a horse to get to that stage of skinny. Regardless of what they claim caused the weight loss, it should have been taken care of LONG before reaching that point. If it couldn't be treated, the animal should have been humanely euthanized, IMO.

And there's no way in hell that those tarps and some of that scrap wood and such were just recently put up due to "renovations".....you can see how weathered and beaten it is.

You did right. Take comfort in that, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.