FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Name this morph!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
rcpreis3
I myself have been working with pastels and those are the only boas I have atm. But there is no way that u can tell me that pastel has less black then most super hypos Ive seen and not contain a hypo gene. She even has a typical hypo/salmon pattern.

If it has pinks on it no matter how little, even if its one scale, Its not an Ivory. All an Ivory is, is a pastel anery. It may be a pastel het anery, but any shades of red means it is not a visual anery.

pastel hypo 100% het ghost? <--- thats where my monies at

New line of pastel that looks better than most hypos I've seen and exhibits the same changes in pattern that the salmon gene does? <--- possible but I highly doubt it

Here is a pic of a poss super hypo 100% het ghost that I once owned.

Pic is from Jimi Reed and was what he sent me when I inquired about her.

She was loaded with orange but when in her dark phase she looked toffee colored and the older she got the more she started to brown out. But nonetheless loaded with orange.

Here is my pastel I've had for years

When I bought her, I bought her as a super salmon because 1% of her body had black on it, just the bands under her eyes. When I got her I was fresh to the herp world and she was my first snake. Didnt know to check the pattern for the salmon look. But as she got older the black literally started to bleed out, but Ive put her side by side with normal boas and she looks nuthin like them. A, by latin definition, Hypomelanistic boa.

But by no means is she confirmed to be genetic, or related to any salmon or orange tail lines around. And I doubt she is.

If u look at my pastel and then ur boa in question, I doubt yours will bleed out the black like mine did. If u compare the pattern of my het ghost to ur questionable, while they maybe different shades, ull see they are very similar.