FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Captive Born Reptiles?????
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
kimnrick04
Thanks for the info guys. Can anyone tell me about his Suls. retics. I got one from a guy who said NERD produced it. Terry told me him and a former worker are the only 2 people to produce pures. He said the only reason why a former worker was able to was because he got a pair of wild caught off of Terry. He said that NERD's aren't pure, that they are crossed with Ambons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick:

Nice to hear from you. I need to correct you though on your first e-mail. The only place you have found Sulawesies is Captive Born Reptiles. Sulawesies have only been bred three times in captivity, twice by me and one time by a former employees whose wild caught animals came from me, Notah Howe. Nerds bred a Sulawesi to a Ambon. At Captive Born Reptiles, I am completely anal about the purity of my bloodlines. If I say it is a Sulawesi, that’s what it is.

I hope to have baby Sulawesies available in the spring of 2008. Usually my babies are sold before they are born. A deposit insures your ability to purchase. Baby Sulawesies sell for $600.00 ea.

Terry
Captive Born Reptiles

1259 Morse Rd.

Columbus, Ohio 43229

614-267-8025

Now, at the store I did notice what you guys were talking about. The gators, the cages,etc. I don't understand if he's such a bad guy why does he have certificates hanging on the wall from the Cleveland and Columbus zoo saying that he is a good herper. I thought maybe because of the weekend that things tend to get busy and that would explain the cage situations. Even the Columbus community as a whole seemed to support him. Any feedback on the breeding of Sulawesi's would be greatly appreciated. I know that pures are scarce.
Rick Vanderpool