FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What happened that changed your attitude from bad to good or vice versa?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 01:35 AM   #4
LauraB
Yeah, sepsis in 2018. Bad stuff. I was taken by ambulance and hospitalized the month of March. I don't remember that, but I was told I was delirious. That was only 3 days after I went to my doctor, got meds and an injection and slept the entire weekend, I was told. I guess by Monday I was a wreck, lol.

I spent April in a rehab facility to heal, learn to walk again and getting wound care, since it was my legs that were eaten up by cellulitis and sepsis.
I was released from the rehab facility the first week of May, 2018. I had to buy a wheelchair and walker. I was also down to just 80 lbs after 2 months on the liquid diet due to the sepsis eating at my organs. I was doing pretty good till just before Memorial Day. Friday the 25th, I got up from my wheelchair and took two steps to open my front door. Next thing I knew I hit my hardwood floor. Broke my freaking hip, lol. (Now have two rods and a pin).

Get home after that hospital visit, then the second week of June 2018 and sepsis rears it's ugly head again. Organ failure and acid actually blistering my lips, burning my esophagus. Dr. puts me back into the hospital. I don't remember much, but I made it Still battling post-sepsis crap, but getting there day by day.

It's been quite the ride since March, 2018. And expensive, haha. My attitude has definitely changed. I never even heard of cellulitis or sepsis; I have really never been sick with the exception of colds, flu, allergies. I'm afraid I have gotten less sensitive , less sympathetic to certain situations. I seem to have less tolerance for crap and stupidity, which seems stupid in and of itself, lol.

Ok, I'm shutting up, lol. And NOT looking for sympathy. Shite happens and others have it much, much worse.