FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Patience is a virtue...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #31
AbsoluteApril
I couldn't update last night, a virus hit the PC and I wasn't able to get online but at work now so here we go:

She kept struggling with the slug and couldn't seem to get it out. Just after 1am I tried to see if she'd let me help but she wasn't having any of that, so I decided to let nature take it course and come what may. Wake up this morning at 5:30am and find that she has passed some more slugs and is still in labor, looks like about 1/3 still to come out. She has shredded newspaper for nesting so I can't see everything but there's at least 5 or 6 slugs, so I resigned myself that this is going to be a slug fest for the most part. I say most part because there is one super active little baby crawling all over the place. Yay! I haven't gotten a good look at it yet since mom is super protective and aggitated. I'm thrilled there's at least one viable baby and mom is still working on getting the rest out. Hopefully she'll be done when I get home so I can finally get some pics.

Oh, and this litter was born 137 days POS and is going to be my smallest litter to date, so two new records! lol