FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Change to mobile device appearance/format?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #34
WebSlave
Well, I haven't heard anything from my programmer in over 2 weeks now. I hope he is OK. He is located outside of the USA in the middle east area, so I hope he's not caught up in that coronavirus stuff. It seems a lot of countries are clamming up concerning their own internal situations, so perhaps they are clamping down on external internet transmissions altogether.

So I still have the mobile skin still active along with the "enhanced" Google Adsense ads. My programmer told me that Google is very pro "mobile" and by not having the mobile skin, I was really hurting my rankings in the search engine, making it much more difficult for people to find this site on a cold search. And honestly the Google Adsense ads have improved things noticeably with the clickthroughs, so I'm thinking it may have to be here to stay. Will it piss off some people? Certainly! But when have I ever made a change here that didn't?

Not sure if the Adsense ads will grow on you using your mobile devices to visit this site or not, but honestly, at this point, my hands are really tied concerning doing anything about it anyway. And push come to shove, maybe it will help to offset any traffic loss we had here because of the closing of the BOI earlier this month. As I mentioned then, if the loss of the BOI meant that the site itself would die, then I was just going to have to accept that fate.

So, just a status report of sorts.