FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #28
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelSS View Post
Like I said, I completely understand and respect what you are saying, my point is, not one snake from two collections of 20+ snakes (Yvonne's collection is larger than Ashley's) and not one snake has died since the incident.
Actually that's wrong, according to Ashley she lost 3 snakes AFTER the incident:
Quote:
I've had 3 snakes, a burm, retic and a boa all tested after passing from unrelated causes tested by toxicology on brain, liver and intestine tissues and none had any issues... None of my snakes are sick or have any problems...
So what was the cause of death? Healthy snakes normally don't just drop dead. I already posted Dr. Jacobson's statement regarding the lack of inclusion bodies not always signifying the absence of IBD

Quote:
No, by no means, does it mean there isn't IBD lurking, or a potential. I just think it's more than likely IBD does not exist in either collection, but regardless, anyone purchasing from EITHER seller should quarantine any animals bought, regardless.
Agreed, and that's why the thread is a "INFO" thread, so people who bother to research can see there MAY be a problem.

I know you would want to know if there was the slightest chance a potential purchase of yours COULD have a problem. Quarantine or not, after what I have read people like BWSmith and others experience even with their strict quarantine, I certainly wouldn't risk it.