FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
maxrr
Bad Customer Service?

I was recently the victim of what I consider to be bad customer service. I would like opinions on the situation, please. I will leave names and specifics out...Here's the situation:

I email a breeder with the intention of being put on a wait list for a pair of snakes that have been advertised on his site for over six months. He tells me they may be spoken for, but I can put down a deposit in case a pair becomes available. Great, I email and say what percent deposit and how would he like to be paid. In the next email he says, "I've been meaning to update the prices on the expected offspring page. I put 2007 prices on the site in late 2006, and I meant to change the [names ommitted] to $3000/pair. I know that's a bit of a jump, so I understand if this changes your mind on wanting to put down a deposit. If you want to go ahead and reserve a pair..." Well, the price increase was 50% (from 2k to 3k).

I now this person has every right to ask what he wants and when he wants, but is this good business practice? I strongly believe it is not. I could never do that to my customers. I believe that the current advertised price should be honored, especially when you've already agreed to make a deposit and said price. What do you guys think?