FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hunter Reptiles Sick Tort Update
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 01:28 AM   #32
Jules Stock
Yes, I know now I should not have purchased from him for sure. spam_But that is my reason for writing this, to tell people about my experience so they can make the choice whether to deal with or not, as I said, some peopl emay have had good experiences, and that is good, when I do hear about happy healthy animals, that makes me happy too. spam_But, everyone should see that I am just a reptile keeper, I do not sell any animals, never have. spam_So I guess I do not understand all of these business terms here, I am not a business, just a lover of animals, but i sure do not consider that a downfall. spam_If I did own any type of business though, I would see what the situation was, and dealt with it, not keep ignoring it, or trying to find blame, such as Hunter Reptiles (that woman on the phone) did with us, believe me, she was very disagreeable, and by speaking with her, I did not have much trust left by then, I wanted something i writing, which the request was ignored and ignored. spam_I always figured, I know its silly of me, but I always figured that people would do right by the animals they sell, especially if they are well known. spam_My first instict was to take the tortoise to a vet, I did not find one for awhile, but when I did, I thought any keeper of animals would be happy that I did that, I was, that was my instict to do, no, I did not sit and think it over terms and all, I just wanted the tortoise to get better. spam_If I was sick, I would want to get help in the place I was in, not be sent somewhere else. spam_Nothing is written in stone, and I do not have a business, so I cannot imagine any of this being wrong in any way. spam_And as I put it, there was nothing in writing for me to see, so how did I know my rights, I had to call to find out, and by the time this was all said and done, I did find a vet. spam_I do have the vet bill, I wish the tortoise was checked out by his vet before the tortoise was sent for sure. spam_No, I am not perfect, but if I have to keep reading the fine print on everything to expect a good animal, then they are not a good company to deal with if they have so many things they need to stick to, that may mean they have had problems before in many cases, I am not saying all terms are bad, but should be reviewed on a case by case basis. spam_If not, then places could send sick animals all of the time, and nobody could ever do anything about it, you bought it you got it, thats our TERMS! spam_This hurts every internet business by doing stuff like that, people will be reluctant to buy, and if no customers, no business. spam_AND, how does anyone know for sure if the tortoise was sent back if it would have been vet checked or not or if I would have recieved anything at all, and what if the tortoise did not make it in with the shipping, how could anyone forgive themselves for shipping back a sick animal and having it die. spam_Like I said, what was said to me was kind of "well we will see" and when I asked about putting anything in writing, it was ignored, what vet was this "good vet" anyway, or are they only just cheap? businesses never ship without this information and money, so they should understand that. spam_People need to look at the whole story, I know many people own "businesses," and they just cannot understand much of this, but on my side, I jsut wanted the best for the tortoise, thats what this whole story is about, not a business, but the reptiles, i keep repeating this, its not abou the terms, but about the tortoise that was sick and died, and the only one that cared about him was me, I recieved not one word of remorse from him on this, I think that is wrong. spam_This spam_is a situation where I trusted someone too much, I wanted only the best for the tortoise, I figured I would be sent a healthy happy tortoise with no problems, and figured if there were, something would be figured out right away, I thought I was dealing with a good reptile place, now I guess I have to stoop to that level and read the fine print on everything, spam_oh, and, the pet stores here in town give a 2 week guarantee, and many times past that I have heard... spam_I thought fine print was only for that stuff on TV they sell and then scroll that stuff and the bottom of the screen really really small, or those vacumn cleaner salesmen they had a story on the news about, maybe the pyscic hotline! LOL spam_ Thanks everyone for their replys, whether against me or for me, I appreciate it very much!!!