FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can we please get a separate category for hognose snakes.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
WebSlave
Certainly if the class of Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes were to increase concerning classified ads, it would make perfect sense to provide them with their own space here. But best as I can tell, we aren't there yet. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure at this late date whether there is even a chance that will ever happen considering the general traffic trends here lately.

And since you brought this to my intention, then yes, perhaps the Hognose snake classified ads do qualify for having their own separate forum. But all that would mean is that I would have to move the Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes somewhere else, which I can certainly consider. It may well be that I can take one or more sections and just roll them all together into the "Other Snakes" category if they are not pulling their weight in the amount of interest they are generating with the membership. Any classified forum not getting enough classified ads to fill the front page in a single day will certainly be under the microscope for such a change.

Along those same lines, I am seriously just taking all the discussion forums and simply consolidation them into "General Snake Discussions", "General Lizard Discussions", etc... None of them are getting enough interest and traffic to warrant them remaining here as standalones, so why not? I certainly don't break down the other animal groups (mammals, birds, insects, etc.) into that sort of level of detail, so perhaps even consolidation to the level of "General Reptile Discussions", might be a change worth considering. Maybe when the BOI goes away I will plan on doing some hopefully rational such changes throughout the site, since I will be whacking with the machete anyway.

BTW, sorry if it appeared I considered your suggestion an attack. Couldn't be further from the truth. My fault, as I just do not tend to have a very gentle "bedside manner".