FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ? on adenovirus...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
skier1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

When you send off for the testing kit from Lou Ann from the address provided, you send her the fecal which will be put into the fixative by you at home, then sent off to her.
Then, she will contact you with the results. The vet has nothing to do with the fecal exam through the Electron Microscopy testing, that is all done at the University of Illinois. If I am right, the test is still under $40 dollars. I do now know if there is a charge for the testing kits yet or not. Lou Ann is very helpful so she can answer any questions for you better than your vet can, honestly.
There is another type of testing the PCR which is done through your vet, since it is a cloacal swab & DNA test, then, it is sent to the University of Florida.
I am very pleased to hear though, that you are doing the testing now. You are doing the right thing, & I am happy to hear it! Good luck. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tracie

so you contact her and she will send you something to put the sample in? and then you send it back to her. im confused on that.? and these test are 40$, right?

someone told me that the blood tests are like 175$ or so.. i dont have that and i dont think my dad would want to pay that much for both.