FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #59
WebSlave
It will be unfortunate for those people to lose their groups entirely if Facebook needs to get involved in a trademark issue concerning the ill conceived choice of name their group's creators decided on, ignoring ethics, common courtesy, and federal law concerning trademarks. That seems to be Facebook's policy: simply remove the group or page without the option of changing the group's name after the complaint has been filed with them. If some people wish to infringe on a trademark and refuse to recognize what a trademark is all about, and save their group by simply changing the name, then I guess that is their choice to make. I HAVE to make every effort to protect my trademark, otherwise I lose my rights to it.

So they can consider this notice here as fair warning. I'm sure many of those people are now aware of this issue, and I'm just glad to see that Facebook is not a safe harbor for those who want to flaunt the law.