FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Breeding Room
Thread: Breeding Room
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #75
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons View Post
It is a custom built tank my friend and I did I have built all of my tanks never bought one yet as I prefer being able to make it exactly how I want it. The whole stack is 5 tanks tall but 4 of the tanks are all in one unit we did this because if It was all 5 in one unit it would not fit threw a door so the 5th tank sits on top and secures kind of like a puzzle the bottom of the top tank has some strong wood pieces that stick up and on the bottom of the 5th tank it has cut outs so it sits right on; no risk of it falling then. Each tank is 4 Foot long by 2 foot wide by 16 inches tall with sliding plexy glass fronts; each tank has a UVB Strip with two light sockets one for day basking bulbs the other for night heat bulbs when it gets cooler here. The switch you can see on the UVB strip is what controls this when I turn the UV off for the night I flick that switch and the red light comes right on; it is also set up for a timer which I need to go out an get so I don't have to do it by hand. The inside of the tank is made from Luan and the outside is Hardwood Plywood in between those layers on the back and sides is 1/2" House hold insulation this lets me use smaller lights without losing any heat. Each tank also has a good size vent on each side one vent is at the bottom of the tank and the opposite vent at the top this allows proper air flow; each vent also has a screen cover so no babies or crickets can get out. My friend and I are going to start building these tanks to sell as a lot of people have been asking about getting some made especially here locally.

I'v considered using insulation in some of my cages. But had a few second thouhts about it and never fallowed through with it. Then I never really met anyone thats tried using it or done it either. In southern cali it gets hot in the summer do you think the insulation would help keep the outside heat out aswell as my desired inside heat in the cage.