FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #93
Darin Chappell
Gary,

I don't know what charging him through USPS is going to do for you. Imean, shipping geckos is legal that way, and you'd have to PROVE that he KNOWINGLY sent you sick geckos in order to prove mail-fraud.

However, it is going to be difficult to prove the animals appeared sick to you upon their arrival, since it was a week or so before you contacted Jason, and, though you did take them to your vet almost immediately, you stated yourself that you do that for all of your new animals.

Now, if it is going to be tough to prove that YOU thought the animals looked sick when they arrived, I can't imagine how you're going to PROVE that Jason KNEW they were sick before he sent them. Maybe there is a way for you, but I can't see it.

SO, here's the deal. IF (and I mean, heavy on the "IF!") you cannot prove mail-fraud against Jason, why make a claim at all? We all suffer enough from shipping woes concerning our inability to ship easily and cheaply. The more noise that gets made about deals you cannot hope to win, the worse it gets for all of us. I'm not saying "Don't follow every available option." I'm just saying that sometimes you can't win, but you sure can lose! Try to see the bigger picture, if you can't do exactly what you might like to try . . .that's all.