FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
Neil Gubitz
Steve.... Unfortunately, if they Do take this to court, you had better get a GOOD attorney....

1. The minor signed the waiver, which in the eyes of the law, is non-existant....

2. You let the minor use his mother's card and let HIM sign it.... BAD MOVE....

3. For all you know, the mother had NO correspondence with you.... it COULD have been a girl friend of the minor that acted as the mother....

4. If the mother calls her credit card company for a chargeback.... she WILL get it because it was not signed by her....

5. YOU will be responsible for all your attorneys costs.... and if you lose, you will probably be responsible for HER attorney's fees, too....

Buddy, you are in for a very tough fight.... you should have NEVER sold a venomous snake to a minor, whether he had his mother's permission or not.... it was a disaster just waiting to happen.... you gambled, and I'm afraid you're going to lose on this one....

I really wish I could give you SOME hope in this matter.... but she's got you by the fangs!!

Good luck....

Neil