FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Found a gecko anyone know what it is? basic care tips too.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #16
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex G View Post
How do you feed them terrestrial prey? The ones I've encountered are to skittish to handfeed (not that I've tried, maybe they'll surprise me). Do they hunt prey on the ground as well as on the walls/air around them?
Mine seem to have no problem going after whatever they see move. I see them all over the tubs too, not just in the top portion. Actually, I went hunting for some more tonight and saw a lot near/on the ground, and not just up high, especially little ones (which were hunting ants at the time). Caught 3 tiny babies and 2 adults tonight, but saw probably close to 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Well hes eating quite well, threw in 3 two week old crickets the night before and last night. He has eaten them all with gusto! Should I feed him nightly, or every couple of days?

Thanks for all the info. I was just in the shop today looking for substrate and decoration, just gotta think of a container to keep him in. I was gonna do a 10 gallon but someone mentioned they escape, so its back to the drawing board! Maybe Ill just buy one of the netted cages I see alot of geckos and chams in.
I'm setting up a planted ten gallon. I'll be using a modified fish tank hood (just got done covering the inside of the hood with screen and sealing it all), I'll probably end up buying one of those glass tops though, as well as a screen lid. The glass lids sit right inside the lip of the enclosure, so they shouldn't be able to escape. The babies will stay in little tubs until big enough though, they are incredibly small.