FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What freedom? Kids today
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #20
Dennis Hultman
OK, so this next video isn't kids but activists making a point about how absurd some of these laws are. So they decided to have a lemonade stand.

They picked the Capitol grounds and knew they would eventually be arrested.

But I really think the most interesting part of this video comes after the arrests and the interview with the police officer.

The officer stated its not his fault, blame the lawmakers. He just enforces the law. If segregation was in place (even with being a black police officer ) he would enforce that law. That it is his job.

This is really lost on me how anyone can state such a thing. Every Oath of office that I can think of for law enforcement is preempted in the Oath itself that they will uphold the Constitution. That is then followed by upholding the laws of the state.

I'm not stating that this situation is on that same field but I do think a lack of common sense is missing. If law enforcement will blindly follow any law such as human rights violations because it is their job, I don't have high hopes that many would uphold the Constitution over any order or new law that might threaten those rights. That part I find troubling.

Anyway, the activists were asking to be arrested. It should come as no surprise that they were. I think though it should also highlight the absurd laws and what the children in the early videos have experienced.