FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info courtney vandenbroek and/or Stacy Habeck
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
edf01
It sounds fishy to me as well.

I do want to mention something to you tho- not in an argumentative way or anything- but just to perhaps have you see another view. Now, I agree Courtney didnt handle things right IMHO, and prolly really could have been a scam in the making ( and I appreciate the heads up)

But- as a seller who is shipping a live animal- if this was me- I would want to make sure the person who is receiving( in this case the person who bought it for someone else- if it was not a scam) the snake is crystal clear the snake is going to their address and on that day AND they can recieve it....

Jump to being a buyer- if I buy a snake for, say rob- made up name- you talk to rob and say you have to ship it to me, the one whose paypal account was used to send money. You ship the snake w.o contacting me because you dont think you need to, then call me- well, guess what- I wont be there because I am in some kind of obligation that I cannot get out of ( or you call rob and he cannot get a hold of me to tell me its shipped). If that snake sits on my doorstep to freeze or cook, and it is dead by the time I get it- it wasn't my fault ( buyer) that there was no contact from the seller( or rob could not get a hold of me) that the snake was coming- ergo- I want a full refund, and you can be out the snake and its value... I will not be out the money because there was no clear communication from the shipper- and the shipper is the one who has the control of how the snake is shipped and when, not the buyer IMHO.

So with that said- as a seller, I wouldn't want to loose the snake and its value. I wouldn't assume Stacey got a hold of Courtney to make sure everything is ok- especially with not hearing conformation back from stacey OR being contacted by Courtney that it is indeed a go ahead on shipping. I'd rather hold someones hand through a transaction then to have a snake loose its life due to sitting on a step to cook/freeze and/or be out the value as well.

But- I don't know if I would have even followed through with this transaction. if a person doesn't have paypal, there are other forms of payment i would take. If their is a hold or something on the paypal- then that would make me wonder if i want to do business with them. I have a busy schedule as well- kinda- i work night shift, so shipping a snake out cuts into my sleeping time- I understand it is very time consuming and all with finalizing a sale- but i would rather spend time ensuring the safety of the snake then not to suffer the worst case scenario. I see it as just the nature of the biz- especially when its a live animal.

I am glad you still have the snake and just gave the refund to end this. I never imagined this scenerio, and it gave me some food for thought.