FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #1801
filenamex5100
it seems that most people here that do not agree with the OP are under the illusion that:

well you only paid $400 so isn't a lizard, any lizard, worth $1000+ more than sufficient to satisfy your prize?!

in general I understand what people mean by that (and I think most of you all understand that too).
however, michelle doesn't have to accept ANYTHING that was not in the contract. sure a $1000 (or $3000 or whatever) lizard would be cool to get for half price but she is under no obligation to settle for that when the terms were outlined very clearly. even if she did flat out refuse in writing, can anyone blame her?? I mean really really blame her??? again she doesn't have to accept some random prize!! TY perhaps assumed (assumed wrong) that she would be happy to make more than she spent. TY didn't realize that michelle takes more pride in the animals she brings in to her collection...as do I and most others as well. maybe if TY would have handled it better and described in detail what lizard he was going to get for her, she might have been at ease with it and accepted it. fact remains that TY was nasty about it and testing her for greed, finding any way he could wiggle out of having to live up to his own terms and be out $3000 cash or the more expensive lizard he would have rather not given up. that is greed on TY's part.

my opinion says TY is making a HUUUUGE mistake by going in front of a jury. Specially once the jury sees the evidence and realizes that TY could have fixed this issue way long ago but chose to strong arm the OP into going broke fighting him in court. Most people on a jury will see right through that and be on michelle's side even more so. If the judge is won over by the OP as well, he will then advice her of punitive damages OR will issue damages on her behalf. punitive damages can really be expensive so TY will be in deep doo doo if that's the case. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to get buried in court. he will be upset most likely, display some anger, and given the evidence against him and his very own written terms (which michelle has hundreds of pages of evidence) he will not be able to wiggle out of it. weather he is hit with any additional damages will likely come down to laws/protocols that I am not educated enough to understand and/or know....hence why lawyers exist. but I can say that I am 99% certain he will at a minimum be responsible for the $3000 reserve prize as stated in his terms as well as all attorney and court cost. I would imagine punitive damages to cover lost wages, time, embarrassment, etc etc will factor in as well.