FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm sorry...I understand the position you were in, but shipping the snake back in that manner - given your description - was just looking for a problem. IF the snake absolutely had to be sent back, (IMO) you should have frozen it, and packed it in a manner that would ensure that it stayed frozen...some odor control may still have been in order, since it started out stinking, but it's a lot easier to manage when the thing isn't leaking fluids and decomposing in the box.

I don't know Andrew Potts any better than I know Kevin Bailey; but refusing to address this situation until the corpse is returned doesn't make a lot of sense. I can accept his wanting the snake returned...though most of the legitimate reasons for it would be nullified by the time he would have received the corpse (and freezing it, per my previous statement, would have been detrimental if necropsy, or other research, had been planned). Promptly sent pictures that clearly identified the snake and showed it as deceased should have been enough to start the process of taking care of the customer; if he still wanted the body, that is easy enough to arrange.

From my understanding (this came from Andrew) freezing it and dethawing them makes them smell much much worse. I had it in the freezer initially then he called me and told me to do the refrigerator. It makes sense because when animal cells are frozen they burst and when all the tissue dethaws and is damaged from freezing it actually speeds the process up of decomposition. Now as far as the smell goes I figured a can of coffee grounds would have worked. They tend to mask the smell better then any baking soda or carbon filter I have seen.

Now overnighting the snake was 75 dollars and jumped up to over 150 to get it there a few hours earlier. I dont even want to think about how much keeping the snake frozen would have cost to ship.