FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My Black Rat Snake
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
marshall_p
Just me again...

I knew i failed to mention something, when I was in the Navy from 81-85, I lived in Charleston, S.C., had a blast living there, you're very fortunate to have all the herps almost literally at your fingertips, I now reside in Toledo, Ohio and the opportunities are limited, I go to some places in Michigan about an hour north to look for the usual stuff around here, Fox snakes, hognose, garters, dekays, blue racers, and once in a while I'll have a real bonus and find the only venemous snake of the state of Michigan, the massasauga rattler, also known as the michigan rattler, people here are quite naive in that they even kill the northern watersnakes because they think they're water moccasins, just pure stupidity, oh well that's a whole other subject in itself, anyway, I'll always have nothing but fond memories of S.C., used to get in the field there a time or two myself, loved seeing the eastern diamondbacks and multitudes of corns, anywhere I'd find gopher tortoise holes, they're were usually eastern diamondbacks somewhere nearby, well, that's all for now, Marsh.