FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info 5dollarmealworms.com
Thread: Info 5dollarmealworms.com
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
puckett26
5dollarmealworms.com

Hi, my name is David Puckett. I have order from 5dollarmealworms.com (Patricia castillo) twice and neither time went very well. Once wasnt really their fault but the communication was horrible. Im not sure if it deserves a bad guy thread so Ill post it as info. I would post the email communications but there wasnt any, I send them one and they dont reply. So Im just going to do my best to post what happened.
Back on June 4th I order 1000 meals worms from them and got confirmation from paypal saying the money was sent to Patricia Castillo. I was tracking the package and the third day its status was "Out for delivery". So I stayed at home waiting for the mail lady to drop off the package but nothing. I tracked it again and it said delivered. I was confused because no one came to my door and I had already checked my mail box earlier in the day and they werent there. Only reason I mention this is because I emailed them to ask them if they had heard anything before I went back to the mailbox and they never replied. The next day I went to check my mail and the box wouldnt open, long story short something got broken in the mailbox I could not get my mail for about a week(I live in a town home community and it has community mailboxes).
Ok now to the present, I decided it wasnt their fault so I order 2000 meal worms this time instead (trying to start my own colony). It came out to be $10 for 2000 worms and $10 shipping for a total of $20. I paid on the July 11 and on the 12th they were shipped. Yesterday on July 14th the package says out for delivery. By 3pm I figured the mail lady should have already came so I went to the mailbox fearing she put the box in there again. When I get there, there is one of those little postage slips that says I owe $4.25 shipping. At this point Im confused as to why I need to pay more. It also said that I could pick it up today(7/14). I then run up to the post office and the clerk said that the mail lady hadnt returned from her route yet and that she should have put tomorrow (7/15) as the day to pick it up. I went home and emailed them right away and again no response. The next day I go back to pick it up and get a verbal chastisement from the clerk. She said that she didnt even know how the package got shipped because there wasnt enough postage paid. She also said that it shouldnt have shipped because the worms were falling out. She brought me out the package inside another box. The box had holes all over it that were about 1 inch wide with a cloth bag filled with mealworms and newspaper. Apparently the worms were getting out somewhere and there were about 100 at the bottom of the box so there is no telling how many fell out prior(i guess thats one of the reasons the mail clerk lady was so angry). Prior to this I did a BOI search for 5dollarmealworms and nothing came up. Just today I did it again and this time searched Patricia Castillo and found out about Elvis Mendoza being a part of the company. So i just sent him an PM explaining this but I doubt I get a response.
I know that it was only $4.25 but I paid the requested shipping, I dont feel I should have to pay more. And like I said I dont know how many mealworms fell out before I got them. I cant say I have ordered a ton of animals and feeders online but I definately have ordered my fair share and never have I been completely ignored. I just want to make everyone aware that the communication was non-existant and to beware if they choose to order from them.