FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #555
JerryKruse
Hi Stu,

yes I agree with you that we both want this to come to a close. And most certainly it will. What I'm a bit surprised about is your new revelation about how you found the animals to be upon arrival. It's not like you had not seen them prior to arrival, as I'd posted photos of them to show some progress as well as them voluntarily feeding. Every baby had eaten for me at least 8 or 9 times with the exception of the gratis het female who had eaten perhaps only 3 or 4 times as she was a slow starter (but eating voluntarily nontheless). Also remember, they did not hatch until mid-August. Giving them time to absorb their yolk takes about two weeks or so, then comes the fun of getting them to accept food -- I do not nor have I ever force-fed a baby snake unless it was absolutely the very last resort. I endeavor with a myriad of lizard options, all within every attempt at feeding, to see which lizard scent has the best response. I allow the snakes to decide, not force them to do something they are not ready to do, which in large part accounts for the exceptionally long period of time before I make my babies available (& not throw them onto a show table in the fall season as Mr. Osler would like to have seen). I feed my babies one pinky per week, and never try to offer more than that in the first year. An average-sized pinky is more than adequate for a baby zonata to take and digest on a weekly basis. Also, these are zonata Stu....not Florida kings or Andean milks. What were you expecting inside the near 5 months I had these babies? For them to be 14 inches long & spring-loaded once you opened the container?? That is not their typical behavior & Sierra zonata, on average, max out at around </=40 inches. So again, given that pre-existing mindset (which I think is not realistic) it is suffice to say that, in this respect, you were already set up for failure. Now please don't take that as a direct criticism or jab, because it is not. It's simply my rebuttal after your recent disclosure of what your assessment was upon receipt of the babies. They were all feeding well voluntarily, w/ the one female having eaten a bit less than the others, and were an average girth and size of most any baby that has left my hands & has gone over to others only to thrive very well over time. Suffice it to say, they were perfect in every way given what they are.

Again, I'm sorry for your experience after having received them Stu. I don't know what else to say. The snakes arrived this past Wednesday in a much-improved condition compared to the pics you'd originally posted as evidenced by smoother, shinier scales. No neuro nor any motor functioning issues are being observed at all. They all voluntarily fed several hours after being removed from their shipping box while still in their deli cups, all thawed/unscented pinkies, as well. I've taken detailed photos of each baby which I'd sent to you via phone several days ago. Unfortunately I have not had time to upload them and transfer them over here just yet, but I will as soon as I have time to do so. Talk with you soon.

Jerry