FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Indigo umbilical scar
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
Stanley M. Ordonez
Eastern Indigo-Thank you Vic

I received two eastern indigos this past Friday from Victor Herrick. I was pleased that they were 10 grades above what I had received and returned to Black pearl; their version of a flawless eastern indigo. I have learned from this experience that you do not jump on the first wagon that comes buy. It is better to wait and do your homework before you decide to buy. The seller wants to sell and the buyer wants to buy. But as the buyer you need to be educated as to what you are getting and not to rely on every word the seller is dishing out. The bottom line is that Eastern Indigos have a big problem. And the problem is genetics; they are inbreed and everyday it is more so. For those that can afford it, DNA testing is good method to see how closely related are these snakes. But this is out of our means to afford such a service. Most of the E. Indigos in breeders hands are related. I hate to say this, but it is time to face the music. Breeders should not be selling indigos with defects or breeding them. And we should not buy these inbreed snakes. I will be posting pics of the ones I have and pics of other indigos that do not make the grade. Stan Ordonez