FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Who uses Ecigs?
Thread: Who uses Ecigs?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Focal
I am considered an E-Cig fanatic and can probably let you know everything you need to know.

In response to the above, yes, they can give you a headache from smoking too much, as with cigarettes, however, YOU choose your nicotine levels when you pick your E-Liquid. If you love smoking and would use an e-cig more often, you should go for a lower nicotine level. If you have very little time through out the day and only moments to smoke, you should get a higher level. I use light levels when I am sitting around the house all night.

In response to Janet and nothing being there when you inhale, this is mainly because of voltage, cheaper e-cigs and your PG/VG mixtures. This is refered to as 'throat hit.' Higher PG levels give you more throat hit and less vapor upon exhale, PG gives you more vapor and less throat hit. An appropriate level of PG with a good E-cig will make the heaviest of smokers choke out, but you need the appropriate equipment.

Be careful of prices! Most E-Cig users use as a fad. The sellers KNOW this and will often mark up cheap stuff as much as the good stuff. Nothing will beat doing your own research. Some things to research:

Brands, if I had to recommend three brands in different price ranges, it would be these. JoyeTech eGo-T (Just got the Tornado Tank for my wife) and it's a good lower priced kit. Batteries are easy to change and relatively cheap.

A good bottom feeder that is great for a lazy man and cheap, is the Boge Revolution V2 (found at VaporGod.com Great place). It has a big reserve (10ml) for fluid and a passthrough battery that lets you use it while you charge. Also very cheap to maintain and buy new carts for.

The best and ultimate has to be the REO Grand or REO Mini. Nothing gets much better than this.

I use the Boge V2 right now and it does have it's issues but it is pretty much worry free and makes it all day without maintenance. I am currently looking to build a new one using a JoyeTech Variable Voltage 900mAh passthrough battery mated with a SmokTech Tank.

Batteries are usually rated in mAh. Pretty much, the higher the mAh, the longer it will make it. The new Boge V2 has 1400 mah, the JoyeTech eGo-T has anywhere from 650mAh to 1100. The Boge does not have replaceable batteries and must be charged and the JoyeTech you can swap out extra batteries.

They all have their pros and cons, it all depends which pros are right for you and which cons don't matter. Check the forums, read reviews and watch YouTube. What's good for me might suck for you.

Oh yeah, one other thing. The actual vaporizing elements vary. There are atomizers, cartomizers and cartridges. Atomizers are just a burning element and are usually dripped on or have some kind of wicking material that wicks liquid from a cartridges to the atomizer. Cartomizers are a combo of atomizers and cartidges and have all the wicking material around that atomizer and are one unit. Man there's so much to go over!