FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - List of good/bad chemicals for cleaning
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
terra_firma
List of good/bad chemicals for cleaning

Hey there,

I know you can use wipe out, f10 or Chlorhexadine to disinfect tubs, water bowls, caging stuff etc that comes in direct contact with the snake.

Now i was wondering what's a good cleaner to use for the rest of the stuff in your snake room? For instance i have a metal rolling cart, and one of those home depot storage shelves everyone makes racks out of. They have been in storage for a few years so they are covered with different types of dirt/construction dust from sitting in a workshop. What should i scrub this stuff with?

The ONE natural cleaner i happen to have is the trader joes CEDAR oil cleaner which is going in the trash hahah. But i also have vinegar, bleach water, windex, 409 cleaner, zep orange industrial cleaner etc. I'm sure a few of these are harmful to snakes, even if it's just a dried, leftover residue since spray cleaners typically dont get washed off (kinda defeats the convenience)

So i guess i have 2 questions. Do these disinfectants (wipeout, f10 etc) have any actual CLEANING properties to them, or they only for spraying on after cleaning to disinfect?

2nd question is, whats a safe list of DIY or store-bought cleaners that can be used on all the OTHER stuff in your snake room that aren't enclosures? It would be a bonus if it disinfects too, but i can always spray wipeout on the cart and shelf after i've scrubbed

thanks!