FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #224
WebSlave
Heck, if someone would throw a rational figure at me, of course I would consider selling FaunaClassifieds. Problem is, every time a discussion heads in that direction, first thing a person will ask me is what I would want for it. When I tell them, "I don't know, make me your best offer", they then want me to gather up all the figures and details about the income producing and traffic history of this site for them. Thanks, but no thanks. I am not interested in doing that kind of work for likely no return on that effort. If I were actively pursuing selling the site, then yes, the burden would be on me to take on that task. But I am not, so the burden is on a prospective buyer to make the determination of what the site will be worth to them, and make an offer accordingly. Then I will either accept or decline, and the discussion is over with. Clean and simple.

In actuality, I don't think divesting this site of the BOI will have much of an impact with traffic or income it is bringing in. Just the reduction in potential liability from frivolous lawsuits will be a huge benefit. And also result in a huge reduction in general aggravation and headaches. So I can't see this site not being able to produce even a modest income for me, with much reduced headaches, for perhaps the rest of my life. So with all that in mind, no, I'm not actively considering selling the site, nor pursuing that path. That is not to say that if someone threw a surprise offer at me that would be stupid of me to decline, I wouldn't accept it. But I just don't see that happening.

Of course I have had offers over the years, but they weren't realistic, or perhaps just fishing for financial information only for curiosity sake, and I declined to continue the discussion.

Anyway, thanks for renewing your membership. I do appreciate everyone who is trying to help out when they can. It is JUST the Board of Inquiry that is going away, not the entire site.