FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #57
joshjtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
I would refund the guys $100. If you have a $300 snake, and you take a $100 deposit from person A, and they never come through, and you sell the snake to person B for $300, you make an extra $100. Now, if you waited a year and the value of the snake declined to $200, then, I could see you keeping the deposit because you LOST money. I have been breeding Balls long enough to know, you do not always get paid for your time, frustration, and patience, but you are usally rewarded in the end.
I would disagree with this a bit. At the time someone puts down a deposit on an animal wether it is in a ToS or not it is a commitment from both sides. The seller has commited to sell that animal to that person and to provide care for that animal until it is paid in full. The buyer has agreed to purchase that animal and follow through with the sale in a timely manner.

I would agree that if I was in the sellers shoes, I would have set a paid in full date when the deposit was made. It does however sound like the seller made a more than reasonable attempt to get the animal to the buyer but each time the buyer had reasons he couldnt.

Life happens and I get that but if the seller had to leave work early or take days off only to be ditched at the last minute by the buyer, then no refund should be given. Time is money.