FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Shy Cali king Hatchling
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
Cryptic
Hey Hotlips,

Thanks so much for the help. Now looking at his cage, I’m sure I can add a hiding place that will be more secure. Right now his has two pieces of drift wood with a gap under neath for him to hide under. He also has an alligator skull hide that has a few entrances. He’s on a few inches Repti-bark and already has a very successful tunnel system. I also have fake plants wired to the top of the screen that he loves weaving in and out of. I would include a picture but I’m on mobile and can’t get a url of a picture I take. However, I think the refusal to eat was due to temperature. It was very cold and drafty in my room and this was when I only had the heat mat. I had to add a heat lamp to get his temperatures right. I asked my local reptile store and the snake guy said a few customers were having similar issues because it was a especially cold then. He also had been eating fine the first few weeks I got him before he stopped. It could’ve also been due to the stress of a new environment, but I sure hope not because I’d feel pretty bad.