FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #103
Helenthereef
I used to post more frequently in discussion threads when I was new to the site (and to my snakes) and had more questions to ask and things to discuss. I post less now because most of my issues found answers, for which I was very grateful.

I have noticed a similar pattern with some new members who often start out posting on practically every forum they can find, but then drop off, I think either because, like me, their main questions have been answered, or, I'm afraid quite frequently, they meet an abrupt or less than friendly response.

I also think that the discussions forums seem to have dropped off as we shed the more disruptive members. I agree it has made for a more peaceable BOI, but we lost some very active characters.

I'm not a typical member as I am outside the USA and don't trade through the site, so I use the forums differently from most - but personally I'd be sorry to lose the specific discussion forums - they are a good place for new members to start and meet people keeping their particular species.