FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #124
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsellers44 View Post
Getting the procedure done is no differant than having a dogs vocal cords removed, clipping birds wings, or cropping cow, horse and dog tails, all so the pet is more favorable to people. Btw venomoid inc is the ONLY buisness that does the procedure.
Yes....it IS different. None of these are invasive procedures (other than the dogs' vocal cords, and they do not actually remove them...a procedure that most people, in my experience, are pretty non-supportive toward as well). I can't say that I have ever seen people "cropping" horse or cow tails, but even docking a dog's tail originally had purpose well beyond "making them more favorable as pets". Granted, mostly done for cosmetic reason today, and not necessarily one I support either, but still a practice done when the animal is only a couple of days old, heals within a couple more days, and in no way affects the animal's very basic way of life.

Simply put - for the most part, in human terms...you are comparing going to the doctor's office for a quick collagen injection to having major surgery and removal of say....your spleen.