FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Something to ponder.....
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #52
Dennis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Here ya go. Please send us a postcard and take lots of pictures from your trip.
Historically, piebald ball pythons have been recorded as early as 1966. Approximately 100 miles inland from Accra, Ghana, villagers found and killed a large male specimen measuring 118 centimeters. Further findings of piebalds could not be found until the early 1980s when Tyron Dillon of California Zoological Supply brought in two adult animals, also from Ghana.
Text from THIS SITE

A WC albino is also from Ghana.
In 1989, I became aware of the possibility of the existence of an amelanistic ball python (Python regius). My friend Olaf Pronk, then of The Hague, Netherlands, had received word via Telex, that the snake had been captured in Ghana. In May of that year, I received the snake, a young male about 26 inches long. It was bright lemon yellow and clean white.
Text from This SITE

I only visited two well known ball breeders' sites to get this information. I wonder how many more WC albinos & pieds there are from all the other huge breeders out there???
Not very many
Anyhow i asked for populations,It would be pretty stupid of me to spend all that money to travel to africa and pay for the permits(if i could even get 1)
Airfare and acomodations for 1 or 2 if i could even find one that when i can just get one from a breeder
good try though
There are no pied or albino populations in africa
very very few of them reach adulthood in the wild
I wish there were i could take a vacation and make some money at the same time