FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Something to ponder.....
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #53
crotalusadamanteus
I don't really think you can accurately say there are no albino, or pied poulations in africa. Hets count in that population also. they look normal.
The ones that are here, came from there originally. I've been to C. Amer jungles, and S. Amer jungles, and finding Normal snakes, let alone morphs, is a lot more of a task than you might think. LOL Of corse, BP's don't come from jungles, but the savanahs, and wide open plains, and brushland that they do inhabit are so vast, that any number of morphs could go undetected by man for years and years.

Take a look at the Hogg Island boa. A very "locality specific" natural hypo type, (maybe not a morph literally) but an isolated population of a BCI that looks other than normal. As another example.

But back to venom.
I think you may be looking for that burning bush. Like proof there is a god. All you can really do is read as much as you can on the subject, with an open mind, and use the best evidence at hand for your conclusions. Like I said earlier, I don't think things evolve for "no reason". Venom is an evolutionary creation.

Ciao,
Rick