FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #15
jerichoharris
I think the terror is/was a psychological connection between venomous/fangs/medical injections which I still hate with a passion. I'm not pretending pythons don't have teeth, but they just aren't the same if you know what I mean. There is another reptile place around the corner from where I work, and I have no issues with looking at, and being around the baby royals at all.

Obviously I'll spend some time in the place and hold a few different snakes to make sure I get one I feel comfortable with, and one that seems comfortable with me, before I buy.

I know that a larger boid is out of the question for many reasons, but if I'm comfortable with a 12 inch BP I can deal with a 13 inch BP and so on. It isn't going to suddenly grow 3 feet overnight so it will be a constant learning experience and one I'm sure I feel more and more comfortable the more experience I get.

At the end of the day surely it comes down to responsiblity and common sense. There are a million and one care sheets that will give you the basics, and forums like this if you need a bit of extra help, and I have no doubt if I'm spending £250 ($450?) in the reptile place they'll be more than happy to help me out if I need it.