FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Herping West Texas
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
sppeavy
I know some real good spots you might like. I have a timber rattler spot near KC, and I also have a Massasauga spot, that was my collard lizard spot, and still is, but i have found 4 massasaugas there in the past year. I also find speckled kings in the same area. I have a good area to find osage copperheads also, and that area has a different type of collard lizard, well its the same, but they have black bands across the backs. Very cool lizards. I have been finding alot of red-milks last year in the flint hills. I only found one central plains milk last year. I also found 3 legless lizards last fall, I have seen them before, but they all got away. I have found worm snakes at the copperhead spot and milks and plains rats. Ill have to show you my junk piles before i move out of state. I have one right by a creek and it produces snakes every time im out there. I found my second horned toad last fall in east kansas. Something you may like, we have the italian wall lizards all over topeka. pick a mulch bed around campus and start grabbing. these are awesome little lizards. We also have a subspecies of green lizards here. I have one now as a pet, its a awesome little guy. I here there is copperheads around perry lake, but i cant seem to find the right areas out there. If you want to do some photography of any of those critters, i can show some gaurantied areas out west. Its a bad day if i dont see at least 8 species of snakes. I started finding the brown snakes this past year alot also, and some lined snakes. Ringnecks are everywhere of course.