FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCreek View Post
I'm a firm 2nd Amendment supporter and I can tell that the NRA will get none of my money. They will compromise in a heartbeat because they realize that is how business is done in the civilized world. If you want no compromise gun rights activisim, Grass Roots or Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership should be the organizations you look to.

However, when it comes to keeping large constrictors, we are not discussing a constitutional right, now are we? No, we are not. We are discussing something that can and will be taken from us if we don't play our cards right. Stomping our feet and chanting "no laws, no laws" won't do it. We have to play within the system.

And I have to repeat here, though I'm sure I'm only wasting the wear and tear on my fingertips, but the compromise legislation WILL NOT be proposed if legislation for a ban can be stopped. That is a no-compromise victory. The compromise legislation is a fall-back position that is defensible.
if you think your constitutional rights cant be taken away your dreaming