FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Texas is waiting
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
WebSlave
You need a hunting license just to photograph animals in Texas?

Yeah, Wakulla is nice. Only been seeing lizards active quite yet, but did see a green tree frog jumping around one damp evening. We've seen our share of diamondbacks, corals, and pygmies around here. On occasion coachwhips, pines, hognose and rough greens. Even seen some scarlet kings and scarlet snakes every once in a while. Rarely see any corns, though. I don't even count black racers as we just chase them off into the woods so they don't eat our lizards.

We just had a huge rain storm on Saturday and I was hoping for a little flooding in the lower areas on the north end of our property. But no go. For some reason the box turtles love to float around in the water over there. And these weird green "shrimp" come out of nowhere. I really don't know what they are, but they look exactly like green miniatures of the shrimp we steam up for dinner. They have to pop out of the ground, as those temporary ponds are completely land locked.

The dogwoods are beginning to bloom, so it's getting ready to get REAL pretty around here.