FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Italian Wall Lizard care?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
Ameivaboy
That exo terra should be fine for a pair, though they would certainly use more space if it were provided. Several years ago I had kept a pair in a 29 gallon for well over a year with no problems (and I was smart enough to cover the sides and back wall with cork tile to triple the amount of usable space they had).

Actually I do currently have 1.1 in a 18 x 18 x 36 reptibreeze cage as well.
I dont like that cage however because of the front opening door. I'm always paranoid someone is going to bolt out. But really they always dart for cover as soon as they see me as they are not accustomed to my prescence as the other ones are because the main groups are on my deck where i sit and watch them and this pair is off to the side and they only see me for feeding and cleaning.

I have never brumated anything indoors. I have heard of people brumating animals in refridgerators but I have never attempted that. If you have a basement you could probably stick them down there as it would protect them from freezes.(I would still make deep burrows for them and add lots of leaves etc to blanket them as much as possible)

Now that you mention Vancouver Island I have heard of wall lizards being out there as well. If I remember correctly it is Podarcis Muralis that occupies the island.

I would love to get my hands on some muralis! If anyone in Kentucky ever reads this thread and has access to them contact me!! lol