FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
DaveyFig
I agree with those that say that Chris Huffman should be the one that is seeking compensation from Brian. David should be asking Chris Huffman what he is going to do about it, and Cliff should be asking what David is going to do about it.
I don't know what the industry standard guarantee is for hets that don't prove out. I wouldn't think there would be a guarantee at all, unless it was sold as an animal you did not produce. If someone sells a het. that should be it. The guarantee only comes into play if it doesn't prove, and then the breeder is proven to be a liar. Do you then expect that liar to compensate? I don't know that I would buy from someone with a guarantee that claims that if a het. doesn't prove out it will be replaced.
Now, guaranteeing an animal that you did not produce, but bought from a reputable breeder is understandable. You are putting your faith in the breeder and assuring your buyer that you will be responsible if it doesn't prove out.