FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Sick Leo
Thread: Sick Leo
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
LadyGecko
Hi- I also have a similar problem with 2 babies that I had mentioned in another "sick Leo" thread and after a trip to the vet and a course of Panacur( for pinworm) I am just waiting to see if they will get better.
I have been feeding with Marcias slurry as neither one had shown much interest in food and they both were starting to lose weight.
Previously they had been given a course of Parazap -upon aquiring them (as all my herps are) and I have never before had a paracite problem with my Leos.
I am used to geting babies and putting them in a viv and feeding and watching them grow like weeds.
With not ever having any major problems with baby Leos before i had put all of my babies together as they were aquired at aproximately the same time and were all very close in size and age.
Now i see the error of that practice.

This is a new and very unpleasant experience for me and I am doing everything that I possibly can to save these two little ones.
Can you please elaborate on "Failure To Thrive" syndrome.
I have 3 other juvie Leos(kept seperately from these two) that were aquired around the same time and have had not one problem with them and they are growing like weeds.
Interestingly enough- one of these thriving babies is from the same place that Robin got her 2 babies.

Thanks for your reples and any info is greatly appreciated
Sandy