FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Does backyard herping count?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
LauraB
Quote:
Well, I found a toad in the window well... But there were some escapee snakes because I wasn't use to the new rack and then the day following that one of the dragons jumped out of her cage...
Wow! Lots of herp-happenings at one time at the Shine household! I'm glad all were recovered in good shape

Around here all the toads, chorus frogs and tree frogs are out and about. It's been happily noisy at night for the past few. Scattered thunderstorms with a 100% chance of frog activity. lol

I backed my car over a baby ringneck snake on the driveway last week - it's long, slopes downward and is somewhat shaded by trees on both sides. I just didn't see it basking on the concrete, although I know the 'hood snakes do that often and unfortunately it's like the second time in the last 3 years I've accidently done that. I hate it.

As for herping for my photo ... looks like "Logician" took care of it, when "Logician" edited my post - suffice it to say it was an awesome, very healthy, almost 5 ft gorgeous specimen.
And returned to the wild, as it should be