FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hognose not eating, please help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
smclaughlin
Hognose not eating, please help

Hello Everyone!! I am new here and we seem to be having an issue. Our hognose female (almost a year old) hasn't ate since we brought her home, it has been a month now. I have reached out to the breeder and the local reptile shop in town. This is what we have tried and he living conditions.....

10 Gallon tank with heat pad on one side, shallow water dish, aspen substrate. The room she is kept in is warm considering we have 9 other reptiles in the room with heat bulbs.

The breeder said she was on frozen pinkies with nothing special being done to them. He recommended that we put her in something smaller, cover it up with the pinkie in it over night. We tried that several times with no luck. The local reptile shop (very knowledgable) had me try the same thing but we tried dipping the pinkie in sardine juice, I even tried tuna juice and vienna sausage juice. No luck!!

The last thing we tried over the weekend a live pinkie, again in a very small container this time covered up. Well not luck once again.

Please does anyone have any advice or thoughts? Thank you so much in advance! We truly love her, she is very sweet. Oh and also we have not over handled her. She doesn't seem stressed, has never hissed or played dead.