FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rare Find in Central FL
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
akonitony
That has got to be one of the nicest finds I've seen in a long time. I was on my way to one of my fishing spots a few days ago and there was a nice E. g. guttata laying in the middle of the dirt road I was on. It had stopped and done the little 'I am a stick' freeze, which probably would have gotten either it's head or tail ran over if I hadn't been thinking about slowing down and doing a little road hunting in the early morning sun. It's about a 3-footer, and I am leaning towards a male, although I haven't probed it yet. At first, I was going to just put it off the road, but after I looked it over a bit and could not find a single flaw in it's pattern, I decided it was time to move my male D. c. corais out of his 55-gal and into a 75, and let this little corn snake have the 55. I usually don't get excited over corn snakes, but this little one ate a fresh-killed mouse out of my hand as soon as I got it home, and never offered to defend itself other than a little musk and tail shake now and then.