FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kieth Cantore Scam Artist! Please help!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #63
HLogic
I had dealings with Mr. Cantore in starting at the end of October 2005.
10/26 - I replied to KS ad
10/27-28 - He replied with requested info & replied to a follow-up question & request.
11/03 - Price agreed.
11/06 - Payment sent via PayPal/CC & follow-up e-mail
11/06 - He replied saying the specimen had been sold but that he was getting a different ssp. "this week".
11/06 - Another reply apologizing for the mix up.
11/12 - I replied asking about the other ssp. availability for $1100/pr
11/15 - I again ask about the other ssp. availability
11/16 - He replied, "ill have them shortly"
11/23 - 1st request for refund
11/28 - 2nd request for refund (Immediate reply requested)
11/29 - He replied saying his computer was broken & he would send it soon.
11/29 - He replied again saying he would return the money by the 2nd or he would have the other ssp. for $1800/trio
11/30 - I reply indicating I had already purchased 'substitutes' and requested the refund
12/03 - I send an e-mail indicating that the refund had not been processed and that I will again check that afternoon.
12/04 - I send an e-mail stating imperatively that the funds are to be refunded before 4:00p or recovery actions will be taken
12/04 - He replied saying he did not have the funds but would have them soon
12/08 - Refund processed.

My assessment:
He probably is not a "bad" guy. He is from all indications a "bad" businessman. He seemed to have a lot on his plate; the information posted here notwithstanding. Like many, it seems as if he was wheeling and dealing on a shoestring and playing the 'float' game with others money - never a good combination.

My suggestion:
Now that his 'availability' is less structured, follow up with another e-mail. If you need the account through which we communicated, please PM me. Start NICELY and apply progressive pressure with subsequent communication. I'll be happy to show you what 'worked' for me.

Just to see what happens, I sent an e-mail to him. I'll let you know what the results are.

HTH,

Art de Lamerens