FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy CCSB Reptile Rescue- Chad Griffin
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #52
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBoa1372 View Post
In my opinion, I think both parties had their errors. Albeit being excited for an animal that may not be as easy to find, the OP should have taken the time to thoroughly inspect the tegu. Layers of stuck shed is not something that is hard to miss. Its like buying a used car and getting upset because when you left the lot you noticed the radio didnt work properly, the tires were bald, and the inspection was expired, etc etc.

At the same time, the "rescue" so to speak should not be selling/re-homing sickly animals. The point of a rescue is to rehabilitate the animals until they are healthy. Its sad to hear that a "rescue" is not doing the necessary research in terms of care for their animals. With the same breath, it is hard to tell when he got the animals in, and if the conditions pre-existed prior to entering their care.

I think a solid resolution to this would be to refund the vet bill because the OP seemingly really wanted the animal, and that way both parties can walk away from this situation.
Well, it is a buyer beware market like anything else and the OP does have some responsibility in this...but surely you're playing devil's advocate, here? Let's use the animals they were comfortable displaying at an expo. It doesn't matter what state the animals are received in, that is a cop out easy excuse that crappy sellers use which just deflects accountability. If they're comfortable displaying reptiles like this at an expo, in what kind of state are the ones that weren't displayed? I REALLY hope that this thread either causes loss of sales for them, and/or causes them to re-evaluate how they operate.