FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - F2 50% Dwarf Brums
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
Krj-2501
Quote:
Sorry. I meant 50%. Was one of the parents an albino? If not then your burm would be 66% het albino.

Well - she was listed as being 100 % het for albino. So it would suggest that one parent was an Albino half dwarf(F2), and the other was a half dwarf het for albino(F1 or F2). So she could be either an F2 or F3.

Quote:
I got a male 100% dwarf. He is about 42" now. And just over a year. Still thinner than my balls of about the same age
He should be much slimmer than a similar length Ball Python. I also have a similar sized(28-30") male Ball python to compare my female 50% dwarf to. I can tell his girth is quite a bit larger than her girth is. My pinstripe male Ball is eating small/medium rats(75-150 g).

Pure Progschai Burms are quite slim - when compared with similar sized mainland Burms or Ball pythons. Basically similar to the way that Dwarf and Super Dwarf slimmer than mainland retics.

I am actually very surprised that he(42") is that long at that age. Most pure Dwarf males aren't over 36-40" at the 18 month mark. Keep in mind a pure Dwarf male usually become sexually mature at about 50-54" range and about 3-4 years old. And they seem to max out about 6 feet(11+ years old).